VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all I have just fitted a JVC stereo to my van and it won't hold the memory can anybody suggest which wires I need to change around
thanks in advance
stu

·
Registered
865 Posts
you need to change the power and acc wires around, they are normally red and yellow, and a little thicker, thats what i have had with 4 of my headunits in the past:ILU:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi

Just done this myself. They might not be red and yellow but you should have 2 wires with quick connectors pull them apart and swap them over ie red into yellow-yellow into red or your colours equivalents. The connectors should be male/female types probally in a plastic sleeve.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just been out to the van and I don't have a red wire what l do have is red/blue (1wire) and Brown/red (1wire) a solid yellow - solid Brown blue/white grey/blue

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
just been out to the van and I don't have a red wire what l do have is red/blue (1wire) and Brown/red (1wire) a solid yellow - solid Brown blue/white grey/blue
The red and yellow wires should be on the loom that came with the headunit, not the loom of the van. I've had to do this a few times.

·
Registered
138 Posts
it depends on if the jvc came with a loom some of them are direct iso into the back of the set, ive got a spare loom to covert it if you want to pay for the posting dont want anything for it or you can change the power and acc wires in the van iam a car hifi installer by trade and fitted a few jvc sets its not a bad job to do if you want to just change the wires in the van helps this helps mateT:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks biglee that would be cool how much is p&p mate ?

stu

·
Registered
138 Posts
hello mate pm me your address its only £1.24 so dont worry about the p&p i dont mind helping a follow t4er cheers mateT:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
biglee l got the loom today mate thanks for that it works a treat

stuT:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts