VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all new to thwe forum.

So I have a 2005 T5, the speakers had almost turned to dust so got a new set of Focal ISU165 AS and and a new head unit - Pioneer DA230DAB. I fitted the woofers and tweeters without (too much) problem - I just wired them straight to the existing OEM wiring. No my problem is this - the crossovers. I'd rather use them to get the best out of the new speakers but do I need to modify the oem wiring? Do I just splice into the wiring between the head unit and the woofer/ tweeter? What about the inputs to the crossovers do I just take the + and - from the ISO block into the back of the stereo?
TIA

Les

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I modified the original triangular plate where the original ones sat to accept the new tweeter and removed the capacitor, re-fitted the original connector to the new tweeters and just put the original cover back on.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Ok so cut speaker wires before they go through the door and place on xover input then connect loom going into the door to woofer output on xover and then wire tweeter output on xover to new tweeters

1 - 4 of 4 Posts