VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah, I see what you鈥檙e saying, but the aux powered and enclosed sub woofer box was the size of a bench seat (JL audio W7) and clearly came from the days when the van was a day/party bus. No bad thing in itself, but with full camper conversion, wife, two dogs, aux fridge for beer, etc, etc... Space was getting tight, so the mad sub-woofer had to go.... :(

You鈥檙e dead right about radio being pants most of the time. The previous owner clearly couldn鈥檛 give a damn about it, and neither could I. (Sound from other sources was outstanding, at any volume.) But I have a wife. Apparently, your favourite obscure Cd from the days of yore isn鈥檛 good enough when you get married... strange, I cannot remember that being mentioned in the ceremony :unsure:

Of course, at the time, I鈥檓 afraid to say, I was Very, Very... Drunk o_O

Yours, thankfully

Rowleigh Birkin, QC

Registered
The W7 was actually quite a nice bit of kit 馃槑 .
I'd have kept it but made it removable....or lost the fridge and suffered the warm beer .

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #24
It was already removable in the sense that it was a two man/one man giving himself a hernia carry...

Remaining quad speakers are plenty enough for me, plus I will (eventually) get round to fitting a smaller enclosed bass thing in the furniture. Probably.

And I鈥檓 not suffering warm beer ever again. That is why god invented campers with electricity, and we are not all living in ridge tents and bashers. :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts