VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the original cassette recorder/radio in my '03 Velle (I dont think even I had any cassettes in 2003 !) with a Sony XPLOD head unit. I was not expecting 'custom install' sounds but to be honest it all sounds disapointingly tinny especially from the dash speakers. Is it just the original speakers that are a bit duff or the head unit that aint up to much (I aint changing though it cos I just bought it !).

If it is the speakers that could do with an upgrade does anybody have suggestions for decent speakers that wont break the bank and will give a richer/ bassier sound ? They must also fit in the original dash and door mountings as I am not really interested in adding a big coffin like sub and aftermarket speaker pods to take up my load space.

Cheers
Garf

·
Registered
695 Posts
Upgrade your dash speakers, Halfrogs do Alpine jobbies that fit and also at the mo they have an offer on Infinity 6X9s (for the rear) £5O instead of £1OO and theyre really good!

G

·
It's the dash speakers mate. I have an Xploder and it sounds fine, at least it does now I've replaced the dash speakers. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers fellas, I am pleased to hear it is probably the speakers and not my new purchase.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
its defo the dash speakers mate, take em out and youll see they are bean cans with rubber bands quality!!!!!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
well i am just in the process of replacing mine.

got an alpine head unit and today just put the tweeters in where the two speakers were on the dash, and then two speakers in the front door pockets...and then two in the back of the van. No sub, much to the disgust of all my male friends, but i would rather have the space for my shoes if i am honest!!! not that i take that much of a selection when camping haha!!!!

you will hear a massive difference i am sure :ILU:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts