VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I want to stick a small plastic moulding onto the roof of my bus, (it's a landrover wing air scoop) which I am using to house a night vision cctv camera. I can't see out of the back window and have to 'chance it' when reversing out of my drive. so I've got all of the equipment I need but I'm not sure of the best way to stick this thing on. The last option would be to drill holes, but I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

Will silicone sealant work?
double sided 'mamoth' tape?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

cheers
:ILU:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, what a speedy reply! A:

The caulk stuff sounds perfect as I need it to form a kind of gasket and there is a channel in the way as well so this would help to cover the small gap each side perfectly. I'll add some photos when th jobs done

many thanks for the advice, very much appreciated

T:

·
HORACE
1,589 Posts

If you dont have a camera then try one of these from maplin. this is mine and no one can see it but i have a fab view of the rear and my screen is on all the time because i cant see much out of the limo tint windows. no drilling for wires as you can see in next pic.
T:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have two CCD nightvision camera's that have a good 15 meters clear view in total darkness. They are not wireless but I think I can get the cables to where I need them without drilling any holes, especially in the roof!
One camera will go on the tow bar bracket for reversing up close and the other on the roof so I get a really great view of who's behind me. I have a nice monitor that clips over the origional rear view mirror so no space taken up on the dash.
I didn't want to have just a knee high view at the back so I figured that the roof would be a good place but I didn't want to have a camera just stuck on so I spent ages looking for a housing, eventually I stumbled accross the landrover wing air scoop which is the perfect size and shape to house the camera.
I've also been toying with an old electric mirror motor to mount one of the camera's on so I can move it about but that's proving rather tricky to get it to work properly at the moment.
I do like my gadgets!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts