VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

A locksmith friend of mine needs some help. I've copied his message he posted on the Master Locksmiths Association Forum. The reference to 'fully fitted' and the 'cheap, triax, unicode' refer to locksmiths equipment.

Cheers
George

Post by David Nash on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:39 pm
If anybody gets offered cheap, triax, unicode, vas, ad100,autodiagnos, tools, inverters etc please call me or sussex police.
If you happen to see a Mercedes Sprinter 315 in Black RJ07 EYP please call Police direct, tracker is activated so if you give them the area they can trace it.
Stolen between 12.30 Thursday Lunchtime and 9am FridayBrian Meynell

Dave is based in Crawley [Gatwick area]

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sad that anyone loses their vehicle, but you have to see the funny side... A locksmith? and it was only a Merc after all!

Hope he gets it back. Surely if it had a tracker fitted and activated it shouldn't take anytime - that's the reason people buy them isn't it? or am I showing my ignorance?!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure why tracker isn't tracking it ???

Yes '... A Locksmith...' I don't know how difficult it was to nick it but suspect it was fairly secure.
I expect the gear in the van was worth more than the van. It's certainly ruined his Christmas and will take him a long time to recover from the loss.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Thought that sounded odd
"tracker is activated, so of you give them the area they can trace it"

Does a tracker not tell Police the area and location itself :*
all depends on what tracker he has fitted, the basic tracker will only tell you that it has been activated and if the police car is within the vacinity of it will it start to pick it up. it wont unfortuantely be able to give you a pin point location.

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
thats why traker equipement is not worth the monies they ask for it

independent trackers are better as they get fitted better rather than where they always fit them(book says here so all cars get it here procedure)

i never fit the same place twice
and you track it. alert to YOUR PHONE NOT THEIRS that way you can check it out straight away

other reasons but for security will not go into why i think tracker are not worth their monies and fees

not much help on the stolen van but help for others

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi Guys,

A locksmith friend of mine needs some help. I've copied his message he posted on the Master Locksmiths Association Forum. The reference to 'fully fitted' and the 'cheap, triax, unicode' refer to locksmiths equipment.

Cheers
George

Post by David Nash on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:39 pm
If anybody gets offered cheap, triax, unicode, vas, ad100,autodiagnos, tools, inverters etc please call me or sussex police.
If you happen to see a Mercedes Sprinter 315 in Black RJ07 EYP please call Police direct, tracker is activated so if you give them the area they can trace it.
Stolen between 12.30 Thursday Lunchtime and 9am FridayBrian Meynell

Dave is based in Crawley [Gatwick area]
Sorry to say mate but i bet thats on a ferry on its way somewhere already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.