VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I left my flat this morning to find that the side panel windows from both my sliding door (single pane) and drivers side (sliding panel)

both windows are stickered, the single pane has a Les Deux alps sticker on it and the sliding has an EX tv sticker on it.

My van was parked on the street in Bristol near the downs.

If anyone hears of someone trying to sell said windows or having trouble fitting them to their van. These are custom so I cant see them being very easy to fit straight into another vehicle.

Please get in touch.

I'm right royally ****** off!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'd be less ****** if they'd smashed the door window and taken the stereo.

as it happens they didnt even enter the van. stereo etc is all still there! just the windows and frames gone!

·
Registered
11,100 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'll keep an eye on fleabay - always on there looking...
Hope they catch the feckwitt and he gets shacked up in a cell with an enormous angry horny madman.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live on right by the downs in what some might say is the "posher" end of Bristol. Unfortunately I am not posh and have no money so this has royally ****ed me.

If anyone sees anything on ebay etc please let me know. In all honesty I need them replaced and will probably get it done next week locally.

fingers crossed it wont be TOO bad

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
As I said to the lady who had her van stolen, I am a carpentry contractor and one of my jobs is in Horfield so will get my chippies and all other trades to keep an eye out. chin up!!!;)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Im in Bristol and my van is on the road outside the house till i manage to get rid of my car, then it's straight into the garage, definately seems to be a spate of t4 crime in Bristol lately. I think im going to hold off fitting my alloys until its garaged.. a sad state of affairs !

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All I can assume is that they must have taken a bloody good knife to the seals and then ripped the windows, frames and all, out. They took nothing else and all the doors were still locked when I found the van the next day.

The seals were all in shreds on the road. No other damage

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Strange 1 this innit.... I seen this thread yesterday and didnt click into it, i just assumed you had ya garage robbed or summat...

Cant get over someone has actually nicked ya windows out the sides of ya van, seems very strange to me...

You dont sleep walk do ya?...I:.

Cant get over that aye.... Think i'll stay well clear of parking my van up unattended in bristol in future... not that i go to bristol often like....:*.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your not the only one, I just cant fathom the idiocy to do it. You can buy them for tuppence online

·
Registered
99 Posts
the thieving pikey bar stewards , cant believe the nerve of some people , do you have a picture of the windows just so we can keep an eye out for them ..T: if there custom they cant be to hard to miss

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i take it they were not OE fitment windows? ( bonded type)
No they were just custom fit windows with seals.

the thieving pikey bar stewards , cant believe the nerve of some people , do you have a picture of the windows just so we can keep an eye out for them ..T: if there custom they cant be to hard to miss
Not really any direct photos but here's some of the van.

The sliding window has the same EX sticker as on the back.

If anyone knows a stockist for windows please get in touch as my local garage cannot source a sliding window and I'm struggling as well.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts