VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i have an ex AA 99 2.5 tdi - and it has started making a strange high pitched tone on release of the brake pedal after about 5 mins driving. This then goes if with even the lightest dab of the brake pedal only to return next time the brakes are depressed and then released:confused:. the brakes appear to be working fine - not binding etc. The sound is like an electronic tone - not a mechanical or frictional sound. Could it be some kind of vacuum hose thing or is there a sensor alarm or something that might be causing it. The tone seems to come from engine bay somewhere - not from the wheels.

any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i had this on a recent trip to france, turned out to be dust build up around the front brake pads, which had stopped them floating as they should do. just took them out cleaned them, put them back, no problem.
not saying that's the same problem you have, but the symptons were identical to yours.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Make sure your caliper hasn't worked itself loose, just in case, a loose caliper can cause the breaks to squeal. Not sayin how I know I:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2001 T4 2.5tdi 88 and I'm pretty sure I've got exactly the same thing, I'd describe it as an electronic ping. Every time I release the brake pedal and get back on the accelerator there's a ping that lasts anywhere between 2 and 15 seconds depending how hard the brake was pressed. Did you ever find a solution as to what it was?
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts