VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has just started happening in the last hour

Drivers door unlocked on the fob, but as soon as i got in it locked itself, pulled the button up, it locked it self again, have to hold the door handle and pull the pin up to get out ???
Once Im out van then locks itself, press fob to unlock, unlocks then straight away locks its self again, the only way I can get in is using the key and pulling the door handle straight away or it locks itself again ???
Anyone any ideas :*

·
Registered
399 Posts
sit in the van let it "autolock" and then give your keys to the mrs and get her to walk away from the van enough distance so that the fob wont work and then pull the button up and unlock and see if it locks again if it dont then its the fob sending out a lock signal if it dont lock then it is the locking moduel or if you got an alarm that could be giving out a pulse to lock .
is it a factory fitted system or retro fit?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Factory fitted, have done a search and I see this is not an uncommon problem, just can't find an answer yet Thanks for the tip bout the fob, will give that a try tomorrow

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Or could be a duff solenoid in the passenger door. Does the passenger door unlock from the remote? Try using the key in the passenger door.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or could be a duff solenoid in the passenger door. Does the passenger door unlock from the remote? Try using the key in the passenger door.
Passenger door exactly the same as the drivers door, with the key and the fob :*
Did the autolock whilst sitting in the van then got the missus to walk off, pulled the pin up went straight back down again :eek:

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
check ya fuse in the very bottom of the fuse box should be on its own and a 15 amp
under the black cover below the main row of fuses T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts