VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

T5.1 180 BHP BiTurbo 61 Reg , about 80000 miles, has started to make a very strange noise at random occasions.I don't even know how to best describe it. It's not a knocking or squealing but almost like a grunt. Seems to come from nearside front area. The first time I noticed it was going round a roundabout veering to the right, so I wondered if it was anything relating to weight shift on shocks but it now happens even while on a straight road with no bumps or lumps. Any ideas at all so I can take it to be checked with at least some pointers?
Also, what sort of fuel efficiency should I expect, with a big beast like this? I know it will be thirsty but I put about 30 litres in today, MFD gave me 285 mile range, and after doing 12 miles it now tells me 245 mile range and the gauge dropped accordingly and I haven't been sitting in traffic with it idling....:confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Me too! I actually backed away slightly from the screen even with my hated/grudging reading glasses on! If you can capture your noise on your phone/video and post it here that would be good. T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts