VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first 2.5 88bhp and when i set off from lights in first gear it makes the oddest rattle, like a ball bearing in a bean can. but doesnt do it in any other gear. has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
mine does it in low revs but in all gears!!
like a piece of the exaust is lose??
really annoying!!
That's prob the heat shield round the down pipe, mine does it and your right it is a pain i the :*

Not sure about ball bearing in a bean can only in first tho' sorry!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh thats the noise im talking about. it probably does it in all the gears on mine just havent had it long enough to notice it yet. have you tried looking for the rattle?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its only a small ball bearing tho.:) a tinny type noise would have been a better way to explain it. thanks guys now i know im not alone.

·
Registered
372 Posts
where is the noise coming from? i had an annoying rattle that sounded as if were in the dash area in front of the drivers seat at low revs. popped the bonnet and it was the intercooler on its mounts, so tightened the nuts up and it stopped.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
yeh thats the noise im talking about. it probably does it in all the gears on mine just havent had it long enough to notice it yet. have you tried looking for the rattle?
Yep, I've looked for the rattle and I've found it. Heat shield has come away/loose at the top end, luck me eh!! I ain't got nowt to weld it with though, and I ain't never tried welding, so I just put up with it for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts