VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the general consensus is to get my lining carpet for the back of my T4 from megavanmats, which is cool because they do a great looking package with the adhesive and everything. (Just my luck though that the first opportunity I have to finally get started with my interior, these guys are off on holiday! :rolleyes: )

So I was hoping there might be some advice because at first I figured the stretchy carpet would be the better option - easier to work with etc. But I kind of wanted the carpet in black, and that only comes in the standard.

I don't need to do the wheel arches because I'm building boxes around them, and I'm guessing they would have been my biggest curves to worry about. Although I am thinking about laser cutting my company logo to cover with carpet on one of the walls - so maybe stretchy would be best, and I just have to go for another colour?

Any experience from people who have used either would be great. Especially people who have used the standard one - I haven't done this before (so maybe stretchy would be easier) but I *really* want black!

Cheers! :ILU:

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi we went with mega van mats and would def recommend them. we used the stretchy for the panels and it was really easy to work with we had never done it before and it was def a lot easier with the stretch. we used the standard for the roof panels - so only had to go onto flat boards it did go on ok but not sure whether the finish would have looked as good if we had used it round windows etc. but like i say this was our first time so we are not the most experienced at this sort of thing!!

jules

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi I wanted black lining also, but decided to use the stretchy anthracite, it aint black I know but it looks great, it was easy to use just take your time with and you'll be so pleased with the result. Megavan mats supplied the lining and glue i used a cannot fault emT:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Great - thanks for the advice both! Obviously the stretchy is the way to go, especially for a beginner like moi. Cool, I think I can deal with not having it in black - but for such a basic (and I imagine popular) colour, it seems odd they don't do the stretch carpet in black also? I wonder why...

Ah well, will place and order for the anthracite, sure it'll still look top notch - and definitely better than what it looks like now!

Hey one last quick question - did you guys find that 10 meters was enough? I imagine it should be, but then I've never done this before!

Cheers guys T:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys - sorry to bother you again, I was just thinking about my floor, I made another topic but figured I'd ask you guys too. I wanted to save some money by maybe getting a cheap vinyl floor or some floor tiles or something, but looking on megavanmats I can see they do the flooring for £40...

I'm not sure it would be all that cheaper for my to get my flooring anywhere else... I could be wrong, I've only checked B&Q so far and a few things on ebay (I haven't trawled the bay tho!).

What did you guys do about your floor? Did you carpet it as well?

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts