VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I need to change the stub shaft on my T5 2007 1.9. Problem is the 6mm allen bolt holding it in has been rounded slightly by whoever put it in previously. So when i try putting any pressure on the allen key it just wants to turn and round the head of the bolt even more. Anybody got any ideas of how i might be able to get the bolt out? :*

Cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
An old engineering trick -

hit the head of the capbolt with an 8mm pin punch to try and mushroom over the top edge so you have to tap the allen key in.

Got me out of a pickle a few times T:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'll give them a try and fingers crossed it'll come out. Cheers T:

·
Registered
180 Posts
An old engineering trick -

hit the head of the capbolt with an 8mm pin punch to try and mushroom over the top edge so you have to tap the allen key in.

Got me out of a pickle a few times T:
Will also shock load the threads, allowing for easier removal, another trick .:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Anybody have details on these for the 1.9.
Interested in whether the new ones are longer and if they are a dealer only part.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got mine from the vw dealer. Will let you know if there's any difference in length once i get the old one out...that might not be until next weekend though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, i don't have the part number anymore. The vw dealer knew the part and it only cost a couple of quid. Didn't get the shaft from the dealer though...that was £98 delivered. Can dig out the place i got it from if u need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts