VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its amazing what they say in studies these days

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-08-29/drinking-water-and-eating-after-excess-alcohol-will-not-prevent-hangovers-study-finds/

It seems that the best way to avoid a hangover is to drink less alcohol.

WTF!! They needed a university to study this to find that out.

Hangovers cannot be prevented, even by drinking water or eating after boozing, scientists have concluded.

A study conducted on university students revealed that despite what many people think and hope, there is no escape from the uncomfortable outcome of excessive alcohol.

A group of 826 students in the Netherlands took part in the research and just over half said they had eaten after their latest heavy drinking session, but with little effect on the severity of their hangovers.

"From what we know from the surveys so far, the only practical way to avoid a hangover is to drink less alcohol," said Dr Joris Verster, from the University of Utrecht.

"Those who took food or water showed a slight statistical improvement in how they felt over those who didn't, but this didn't really translate into a meaningful difference."

The study also showed that people who boast of being immune to hangovers often actually drink less than they think.

"In general, we found a pretty straight relationship; the more you drink, the more likely you are to get a hangover," said Dr Verster.

"The majority of those who in fact reported never having a hangover tended to drink less - perhaps less than they themselves thought would lead to a hangover."

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Pretty much sums up what us drinkers already knew.

Those of us that go to the pub and get p155ed can argue the toss about the meaning of life, politics, football management, the environment, the futility of war, the cost of living, and so much more. Then we wake up with a hangover and forget all the 80llocks that we said last night and can't remember why we fell out with our mates.

Then you've got a so called expert who does the same study sober and tells us what we'd already worked when we were p1553d!!!

FOOK1NG TW*T5

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Ermm... who paid for this ?

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I make my own wine and give quite a few bottles away. I'm always told that there is no hangover, even after a skinfull. I put it down to chemical (addative) free hooch.;)

Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
So what you are saying is, If I ever so slightly poison myself.
I may get a headache?
But if I really poison myself I may feel terrible.
Hahaha! LOL:

I have come to the conclusion that taking alcohol summons up the spirit of an evil gorilla.
He waits till you go asleep. Then creeps in to your bedroom.
Punches you repeatedly about the head and stomach.
Steals whatever money you had left.
Then wipes his bum on your tongue before leaving to use your bank card in the lap dancers bar.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
I make my own wine and give quite a few bottles away. I'm always told that there is no hangover, even after a skinfull. I put it down to chemical (addative) free hooch.;)

Cheers, Tony.

That's prob it To'.

If I drink a load of organic cider.
There is no hangover.

Maybe a bit dehydrated. But no headache.

Get on the sh!te tins of lager like Heineken or Kronenberg.
And it's like I have a spear in the eye ball the next day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't think the uni tested eating the rest of the curry in the morning, that usually sorts it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts