VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 hours sleep after a night shift and then having to drive the Mrs around 4!! Yeah FOUR! Different supermarkets has lead to me reversing into an invisible post.
This has bust the rear bumper, buggered the o/s barn door and creased the rear quarter.

Bumpers are easy enough to find and the rear quarter needs a skim of filler and a respray but the door is totally useless.

Can anyone recommend a place to find a door in a reasonable condition so I can swap them over.

Thanks in advance. Dan

·
Registered
436 Posts
I just hate it when those posts just jump out at you. Try these guys, a few mixed reviews but as I drove past a while ago I managed to get a few bits off flood damaged transporters that were on the car park, rear view mirror and door seal etc.

http://www.car-transplants.co.uk/

Cheers ML T:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are mate. Just trying to find one.
I don't even care what colour it is. Ideally I'd like a solid and straight door without a window.
I thought it'd be easy to find and even thought I'd manage to find one in grey white but I can't.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd agree with cupra, Tail gate looks better too and gives the shelter you need.
However it's easier to load a bike wit barn doors and unfortunately I haven't got the spate cash to do the conversion so it's still a barn door I need.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
It is. However, there are few FLT drivers that I would allow anywhere near my T5.

Lets face it, how many people need FLT access on a regular basis ?
Me for one, I'm already owed a new bumper by one company because I was forced to take my attention off their driver, comes to a £540 repair they will pay in full.

I usually stand right by the FLT driver and insist on guiding, some get irritated but I don't care. I drove them myself on and off for years and ad a perfect record, theres no excuses. Wish he had got my rear right door too lol, its got the dreaded crack.

Because of the crack I searched myself recently and got a few results, cant seem to find any now, if any pop up ill try to post back.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks mindriot. I really thought it'd be easy to find a door with all the tailgate conversions going on.
Sorry to hear about the bumper issue. I need one of those too but at least they are easy to get hold of.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
No worries, mines mainly some paint damage from the mast rails and a little paint crazing, and some cracking to the lower mounts, slap on a bumper protector youd hardly know.

Because of the major hassle i had getting it reported and observed, then officially accepted at the time, and the attitude of the driver, i thought stuff yoou lot, a cheap repairer might not replace the plastics, but an official place will, and charge for it, so i went to an official VW repairer. Hence £540 T:

Ill try to keep the old one, might reinstate it after and use it until I retire the van to purely personal use :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know it's poking the wound a bit, but if you haven't got them currently, now's the time to fit parking sensors T:
...and if you have, now's the time to fit a camera :D

Had a few grab bags of MoT in the old Transit for various projects, can't see my conversion stopping that in the future - multi-use is built in I: (and I watched the drivers like a hawk :eek: )

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
2 hours sleep after a night shift and then having to drive the Mrs around 4!! Yeah FOUR! Different supermarkets has lead to me reversing into an invisible post.
This has bust the rear bumper, buggered the o/s barn door and creased the rear quarter.

Bumpers are easy enough to find and the rear quarter needs a skim of filler and a respray but the door is totally useless.

Can anyone recommend a place to find a door in a reasonable condition so I can swap them over.

Thanks in advance. Dan
Have you tried ebay?
Guy selling a pair without windows and another selling one with window

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Transp...536104?hash=item1eb750ab28:g:cCMAAOSwi0RXxopE

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Transp...536104?hash=item1eb750ab28:g:cCMAAOSwi0RXxopE

Or a conversion:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Transp...624512?hash=item4d44600240:g:suwAAOSwjXRXYnPO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts