VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having got just about everything else sorted out in the two years I've had the camper the only thing bugging me just now is this:-
I'll be driving along in fifth gear usually on a trunk road/motorway (Never in town) when the engine seems to stutter as if it was about to stop
after a short while it goes back to the normal smooth ride and might do it again hundred miles later.
I've had the fuel filter checked, the local VW garage checked it for me and can't come up with a thing.
Any ideas?
J

·
Registered
836 Posts
Having got just about everything else sorted out in the two years I've had the camper the only thing bugging me just now is this:-
I'll be driving along in fifth gear usually on a trunk road/motorway (Never in town) when the engine seems to stutter as if it was about to stop
after a short while it goes back to the normal smooth ride and might do it again hundred miles later.
I've had the fuel filter checked, the local VW garage checked it for me and can't come up with a thing.
Any ideas?
J
Had it checked? It is so simple to replace and cheap as chips so just change it - sorted my 'velle's similar problem....

·
Registered
817 Posts
First thing what model,engine and year is it :confused:...

If it's a 2.5tdi it sounds like a needle lifter fault but you will need to get the daignostics checked with Vw or Vag-com to confirm this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Its a J reg ?1991 Petrol 2 litre T4. with about 58,000 miles on the clock (sat in a drive way for a good few years before being rescued)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Its a J reg ?1991 Petrol 2 litre T4. with about 58,000 miles on the clock (sat in a drive way for a good few years before being rescued)
Sounds like either a TPS problem or possibly the fuel pump relay. Having said that, if it's sat for some time, I'd replace the small bore vacuum hoses and 2pin temp sensor just as a matter of course - they are known to cause problems and to deteriorate over time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks,

Thas enough to be going on - thanks for all your help.

I'll let you know the next run I'm on

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi all!

I have a 2.5tdi 102 with an ACV lump that does the same, usually when I'm a tad agressive with the accelerator. Runs sweet as a nut the rest of the time.
Do I need to adjust my driving style and lighten my foot or is it something more sinister?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts