VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came across the kits for T4s when I got the little brochure at Vanfest last year.

I was disappointed to find out that this kit has not been made for T5s as yet. I think its better than carpeting the interior if I'm being honest. To that end I chatted to a friend of mine who works at a place that makes things in various materials - a sort of plastics extrusions type company I think. I showed him the pics of the kit from Just Kampers and asked if his company would be in the market to manufacture such a product. His answer was only if it was economically viable. The cost of starting off with the prototype and the market for the units out there.

To that end what do other T5 owners think?

Would you prefer to have this kind of interior in your van?

What would you pay more or only the same amount as the current T4 product from Just Kampers?

Also if anyone has found or knows of any company does this product already can you let me know.

In very early stages I think but would be interested to gauge the response from T5 owners out there.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I spoke to Tony from Styline a few months back as i was thinking the same as you,

There would undoutedly be a high demand for a T5 kit, the set up costs are pretty high to be honest and finding a vacum forming machine big enough to make the large side panel that's the tricky bit, not many places in the country have one.

Give Tony a bell he is a fountain of knowledge and he loves a chat!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I spoke to Tony from Styline a few months back as i was thinking the same as you,

There would undoutedly be a high demand for a T5 kit, the set up costs are pretty high to be honest and finding a vacum forming machine big enough to make the large side panel that's the tricky bit, not many places in the country have one.

Give Tony a bell he is a fountain of knowledge and he loves a chat!
I would say there are plenty of machines out there and you'd want it in manageable pieces any way. I know there is another solution in the design and manufacture process, but can't say too much or who at this stage.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking it doesn't have to be very large panels surely. To treat the interior as 5 parts would result in reasonable sized parts. 2 bottom below the side windows if you have them installed. 2 lower part behind that and 2 upper part if you don't have windows there (like mine) and 1 or 2 depending if you have tailgate or barn doors. It would be better to treat the sides in two parts top and bottom anyway as you might like to perhaps have the bottom a different colour or something like that. I really can't see why it would need a huge machine. I would imagine the major expense would be creating the first mould or whatever it is these companies do.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Oh i see what a clever idea, how ever i would for my van like flat panels so i could just carpet them and not worry about ply. But thats just me.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh i see what a clever idea, how ever i would for my van like flat panels so i could just carpet them and not worry about ply. But thats just me.
:confused:

But why would you buy expensive panels, fix them to the van and cover them with carpet?. Ply is a flat panel.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
If anyone wants replacement but made to fit full length panels then just send me a PM, 3 or 5.5mm are available in ply all predrilled to fit to existing holes.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any news on this?

Anyone want to add to this?

I was hoping to tell my mate that there are loads of people wanting a product like this but maybe not?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts