VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - Just bought my first T4 at the weekend! first thing I want to get sorted is some decent ICE equipment. I think I hve seen on this website someone who has made a sub box to fit in the footwell area inbetween the front seats under the dash. Has anyone else seen this done?? I cant seem to find any pics now.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I'm planning on doing this, there are better places to put subs because the small area means small sub but I have a nice Cerwin Vega 10" kicking about which would fit nicely, also I'm not into low rolling bass, so the small sealed enclosure will mean nice tight punchy bass. As my dash is painted I will be able to make enclosure blend in to the dash.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've removed the the two central footrest panels and have replaced with a slim profile sub, combined with Infinity Kappa series in standard 10cm grills and 6x9 in doors. (sorry to mix up metric and imperial).

Plus I've sound proofed the floor, bulkhead, doors and wheel arches.

The removal of the central panels is inspired!! it gives the impression of loads more room and makes room for some tasty bass!

Will take photos soon. :)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that sounds pretty good! I'm little limited on where I can install a sub as the camper conversion has already been done before I bought the van and I don't want to go hacking up nice hand made cupboards!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi, give Chris a ring on 07886681371 we have just fitted a console under the dash like you describe, the one we built is actually made to house a stereo. This one is carpet lined but we plan to do them with a painted and airbrushed finish as well.
cheers
john

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice!! mine is 3/4 " mdf, not tested it yet but it's fully sealed up with fibreglass filler so can't wait to try it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts