VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mine has been fixed with a replacement DPF. So far so good althought he van now has a new problem of overfuelling which means the dpf light is back on but not going into limp mode. Think the garage hasn't re-set it properly?

·
Registered
868 Posts
I had a new exh manifold fitted and all is good now. Went with vw as nothing else available but came with a 2 year guarantee. No more limp mode, no more smelly fumes, back to full power. Yes they are common but my van is 7years old and 112000 on the clock so not that bad in reality. So nice just to have it driving like it should, it was cracked at the air box end I am getting it welded up and will fleabay it to get some cash back. T:

·
Registered
2 Posts
On a few occasions now my camper has lost power whilst accelerating hard. It does not cut out but does not respond to the throttle and will only coast along at tick over revs. It seems to rev ok in neutral though. It's like it has gone into some sort of safe mode but is not ideal when trying to overtake:eek:. Switching off and back on again returns things to normal. Any ideas?
My van has same problem,its been on diagnostic machine and it says its over boosting,its booked in for turbo service next week, its also got a crack in manifold can this cause it to over boost? its a 2006 174 with 42000 miles
thanks Steve

·
Registered
868 Posts
My van has same problem,its been on diagnostic machine and it says its over boosting,its booked in for turbo service next week, its also got a crack in manifold can this cause it to over boost? its a 2006 174 with 42000 miles
thanks Steve
Yes, due to lack of back pressure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine done the same got worse in the end
had the egr replaced and turbo.
sticking veins on the turbo runs great now after
a remap and dpf delete.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happens to mine if I drive it around town for a few weeks, take it for a good blast down the motorway etc, clear out the turbo!

On mine the variable vanes in the turbo stick, causing it to over boost, hence it drops into limp mode, but a good drive clears it and it will be fine for ages!

Of course it could easily be something else...

Make sure its got a clean airfilter, just had mine serviced, and there is no smoke now when overtaking, it used to puff black smoke out before which I can't believe does the turbo vanes any good.
Hello mate. Are you still on here...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2.5 axd T5 2004 auto which has just gone lumpy and wont really drive. It has been seeming like its the valve body which I replaced several months back. As you drive it suddenly seems like you have been hit and then it clears and runs well. It started to do the same yesterday but still kept going thankfully. I switched it off at the ferry terminal and now I have a yellow triangle on the dash a flashing glowplug light and a message that says "engine service manual 1". I was thinking turbo boost valve but maybe faulty glow plug. Im having to get it recovered today but I just wondered if anyone may have a pointer or two before I do.
Thank you in anticipation

21 - 28 of 28 Posts