VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Nice wheels!, the tyres will probably be underrated at that size. A new set of tyres might set you back 200-300.

It doesn't mention the width of the wheel just the tyre. I think most are about 8 inch wide. The offset is about right as long as they are 8 inch wide

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have taken a look at some of these multifitment rims before and the load rating of the rim itself has been appaling.

Some as low as 300kg :eek:

I would imagine on a loaded T4 they would be quite easy to buckle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm.... how would I know?

I use my T4 for carrying r/c aeroplanes which weight very little, although I do go to the tip time to time.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Either ask - it will be written on the wheel somewhere - or if you know the manufacturers web site take a look on there.

They are designed for light cars though.

With the skinnier rubber less of the forces are absorbed by the tyre and more passed to the road wheel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's a fair few 92W or even Ys some have XL and rim protection. I have to admit to be a bit baffled now.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
A few set's of Inovits I've enquired about have been rated at 690kg per rim. Maybe not all though.
7.5J is the rim width mate.
I have 7.5 width rims and they tuck nicely under the rear arches. They're ET45 though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah understood. Sadly the seller isn't answering any of my emails so I may have to pass on this. I emailed him last weekend and this to no avail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts