VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as per title, i am planning a holiday for july/august to corn wall or devon or torquay ??? not too sure yet suggestions needed.

we plan on some camping (tent or van) not decided yet. hotel or B+B etc if suggested???

we also want to be coastal for some fun in the sea (hopefully)??? cliff diving etc.

and last of all, its a very long shot, but is there any trials bike facilities (practice areas) clubs or even events???

any advice or suggestions appreciated, many thanks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Its all good, I live in Torbay - more commercial than most parts of Devon or Cornwall, but there is defo sea, cliffs and coasteering opportunities. Good access to the South Hams and Dartmoor too. There is Motocross at Patchquick near Kingsteignton, their website has fixture info. Probably cheaper than N Devon or N Cornwall as good wave days are rare, but quite a few T5s around:D

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its all good, I live in Torbay - more commercial than most parts of Devon or Cornwall, but there is defo sea, cliffs and coasteering opportunities. Good access to the South Hams and Dartmoor too. There is Motocross at Patchquick near Kingsteignton, their website has fixture info. Probably cheaper than N Devon or N Cornwall as good wave days are rare, but quite a few T5s around:D
thanks mate, just googled it looks nice.

·
Banned
924 Posts
Could always do the jurassic coast line... stunning T:... follow the coast line up into dorset where you have lyme regis chessle beach portland lulworth cove poole ect... look them up on google fella T: plenty of bridle ways n the like to take your trialie on and also around weymouth you have the watersports for the olymipics going on... haven have a great kid friendly camp sites in weymouth and poole... the poole one has a spa so you can score brownie points with ere indoors to offset the biking I:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi ! I live in Plymouth
South Devon and South coast of Cornwall are great for sheltered beaches and coves
If you want more "exposed" beaches for surfing then try North Devon and North Cornwall coasts
I've stayed at Harlyn Sands near Padstow last two years and it's been great http://www.harlynsands.co.uk/

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sennen Cove is lovely near Lands end. Good, chilled out, informal but V.busy campsite Trevedra Farm is a short beach cliff top walk to the Old Success pub in Sennen Cove

If you are heading south west you might as well go all the way!T:

Plenty of sea and cliffs to play on

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the advise, its all good.

thinking of two weeks so a few days in different places for a tour, it sounds and looks (on google) a stunning area all round....

i just hope we get a summer this year? T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts