VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all

First post here and I’d like to share some experiences and pick your collective brains.

After lurking on several forums and doing some homework I decided to buy a set of Summit thermal Blinds for my T4, an elderly vehicle with 6 windows that I’m currently in the process of nursing back to health and fitting out to use as a day van/occasional camper.

I’d heard some mixed reviews but decided that they were worth it considering the price. The exterior blinds wouldn’t stand a single night of my local winter coastal storms. First night and the bag they arrive in falls apart as I open it and I nearly lost my voice cursing the suction cups which don’t go through the eyeholes properly but more importantly half of them don’t stick to the windows! This is the main issue that I’d like some help with as I’m sure there must be a few people on this forum who’ve had the same experience. I‘m wondering if it’s possible to buy some replacement suction cups that actually work and the other thing I considered was if you could use some kind of magnetic tape to secure the corners?

On the positive side they seem well made (better than I could do myself) and certainly make a big difference when it comes to keeping the heat in compared to the occasions when I’d crashed out without proper blinds and used tarps etc. Very little condensation in the morning too And as for the all important privacy; one of the secluded woodland car parks I stayed at recently seemed to attract a few interesting types after dark. The owners seemed to have problems with their headlights flashing on and off or it was a doggers’ convention :oops: And some people say romance is dead! :LOL: Fortunately I was too busy fettling supper on the stove to investigate...

So yes, overall am glad I bought them but please, people of the T4 universe, any help/ideas with getting them sticking would be much appreciated.

All the best

Andrew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Raymal

Many thanks for your suggestion - will check these out. I wonder if anyone has replaced the suction cups supplied without this product?

All the best

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts