VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of some upgraded sun visors (highline / Caravelle) with mirrors. I’ve had them in quarantine for about a week, doddle to change originals that had stuck on automotive mirrors on them. Plastic trim removal tools are a godsend (thanks fleabay).

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Nice upgrade there, my passenger one has a mirror just stuck on it, have been meaning to upgrade mine but kept forgetting. Thanks for the reminder (y)
Just looking at these, they ain't cheap are they, but then nothing seems to be when it comes to a Transporter.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. There’s a pair on fleabay for £50 which is about what I paid with postage. 👍🏻

·
Registered
653 Posts
The Caravelle ones come with little courtesy lights in them so they'll light up when you slide the mirror cover open. I upgraded mine after getting sick of the mrs complaining she didn't have a mirror on the standard van visor to do her make-up in!! Haven't got round to wiring the lights in yet.

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,227 Posts
The Caravelle ones come with little courtesy lights in them so they'll light up when you slide the mirror cover open. I upgraded mine after getting sick of the mrs complaining she didn't have a mirror on the standard van visor to do her make-up in!! Haven't got round to wiring the lights in yet.
I think you'll find the 2 wires are from the switch, the light is in the headlining above the mirror.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I'm not really fussed about them lighting up, if I need a light on while looking in a mirror I'll just use the lights in the headliner. (y)
My mrs would like mirrors ....maybe for Christmas (y)
Haha she's a lucky lady mate 😂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts