VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Family Sunday Meet once again to the gorgeous Druridge Bay on Sunday 17th May, 2015. 12.30pm

We are thinking about a possible BBQ?! If everyone brings their own food - we can provide the gas BBQ.

We have spoken to the park manager and he said he will allow us to park on the picnic area - in front of the min café - as the car park probably won't be big enough to hold us all! He has asked for a donation of £3 per van to cover parking.

The café is going to be open and there's lots to do for all the family - let's just hope the weather is kind to us on this day!

Druridge Bay Country Park can be found off the A1068, 3 miles south of Amble. Take the turning opposite the Hadston junction. the road to the main car park at the Visitor Centre. The beach, the visitor centre (and toilets), and the children's play areas are all a short walk from the main car park.

The Park comprises three miles of beautiful beach and sand dunes, plus a large freshwater lake surrounded by woods and meadows. The variety of surroundings means you are sure of an enjoyable visit whatever the time of year. You can take a pleasant walk around Ladyburn Lake, or enjoy a sheltered picnic overlooking it. The lake is available for launching windsurfers and non-motorised boats (by permit), and sailing, windsurfing and canoeing courses are held each summer. You can enjoy watching birds on the lake and seashore, discover the many wild flowers on the dunes or, for the more active, fly a kite or take a dip in the sea! The Park is a good base from which to explore the surrounding area by bike, or to stop for rest and refreshment on your way through.

Red Row, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 5BX

Hope you can all make it!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Canny meet, not loads of vans (15?), but the weather held out T:

Fell asleep in the back of my van, don't think anyone noticed, just thought I was being my usual anti-social self! :D

And Iain's nice MG T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts