VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Sunday meet ideas

9K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  MikeFrost 
#1 ·
Hi folks, looking to get back into the swing of the meet season in April. After speaking to a few folks in the group they seem to be of the same opinion that the weekend meets are probably better to be organised between April and October leaving the colder months free.

So on that note I'm asking for your ideas on places we can meet up at, clearly meets in the past have been organised with the whole family in mind so ideally we need places that have plenty of things that we can do whilst there.

We had some great meets last season so hopefully we can have just as great a time as we have in the past.

#5 ·
We've got a place near us, Cannock Chase, sure you must have heard about it. So I don't really know Derby area at all, but somewhere similar would be good. Ok, the Chase has Go Ape & Segways but that stuff isn't really essential. I was thinking more about the visitor centre on Marquis Drive, where there are a bunch of public use brick BBQs to use and those are right opposite good parking and a big open space. So I suggested recently a meet there for the Staffordshire Transporters group involving vans, families, kids, bikes, dogs, R/C cars, planes, helos, drones, or whatever other toys folk have.

But like I say, Derby area, no ideas I'm afraid. Anywhere like that up there??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.