VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a sunroof repair place in High Wycombe? Got two sunroofs (manual) that have both decided to leak! Rear one, with winder handle, suddenly won't close properly but the front one, pop up, leaks slightly whilst fully closed :(

Any help/advice would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Give the rubbers good wipe over with vasaline to re softeb the rubbers as they go a bit crusy after a while. not sure but I think I heard glycerine is best but not sure ?? anyone??

P.S not nitro glycerine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recently had 2 Infala sunroofs fitted by Vansport in Cornwall. Rear one a winder and front pop up. Great company /service. Had trouble with the front one leaking. Wouldnt do it with water test /kayak wash down on top van etc then suddenly would. They found initially the factory had not tensioned the hinge bolts and hoped that would do it. So try that but not too tight! Also said that if you take the glass out and put in again sometimes that will help. Mine kept leaking so had a replacement but no apparant reason for leak. The rubber going a bit brittle may be the answer tho.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Is the pop up one out of a 106/saxo? They leak for a pass time, I did soooo many of them in my 4 yrs at a Peugeot dealer. I've said it so many times but it still seems to be the recommended one on this forum :*.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thankyou for the advice :) will try a couple of things before calling in the pro's! Managed to get a couple of numbers from forum members but fingers crossed won't need to call for help!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is the pop up one out of a 106/saxo? They leak for a pass time, I did soooo many of them in my 4 yrs at a Peugeot dealer. I've said it so many times but it still seems to be the recommended one on this forum :*.
I know what you mean... Some one got lucky with a non leaker, and they all follow...

I sit and repair Clio 2 sunroofs now.. Prob 1 a week at the mo..

Try all of the above.
Remove glass (clean glass), clean trim whist glass out, (i wouldnt grease it though)
Whilst out check how tight the front hinges are then the rear attachment (winder or handle.)
Replace and fingers crossed.

If that doesnt work, its frame out.
All good on the condition the screws arent corroded.

if you need any help, call me..

01273 871717

cheers Austin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Bappers here. New to T4's (and this forum!) Picking my '95 2.5tdi Caravelle CL up this Friday, after a long search for the right one... Good news - it's got a factory electric sunroof, bad news - it doesn't work. It still has the emergency allen key in the console. Suspect motor seized through lack of use.

Has anyone had any experience getting this fired up or are there any known faults? All help appreciated!!

One other thing....Its a 9 seater. I'm going to lose the n/s single seat on the middle row. Can the middle 2 seat bench be fixed to face rearwards so I can put a table in between the middle and rear seats?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts