VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, I want to get a set of the above wheels, I can find that the 20inch version fit, but do the 18inch fit a T5.1 Shuttle, its a 2013 LWB version.

Also if they do can anyone point me to stock with a wheel and tyre package as that what im after.

Do people think the 18 would be a better option over the 20, I will sometimes tow a caravan too, I know fuel economy is affected by the bigger size and ride comfort, but I dont reall know by how much.

Any advice appreciated cheers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it these you are looking for?

20" Supermetal Cell Bronze Alloy Wheels

I would have thought would fit your shuttle no problem... as regards to size the overall wheel size will always be the same just that you have more tyre on 18s and less on 20s (the whole argument over looks, ride quality etc etc)
Yeah, thats the ones I was looking at. Think they look really nice, but I just dont know about the size/tyre depth argument ?? What to do, hummm.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah, thats the ones I was looking at. Think they look really nice, but I just dont know about the size/tyre depth argument ?? What to do, hummm.
Well 9j width shouldn't be an issue for a transporter.. I currently have 9j fronts and 10.5j rears and thats lowered too by 65mm with no rubbing etc etc

Its def a personal preference on the size front... you would probably have more tyre options on 18s but would need someone else to comment on that as I've always been on 20s

·
Registered
37 Posts
A work friend has 20” Cells, he’s very pleased with them. No huge difference in fuel consumption or comfort (although he’s got coilovers too, not standard suspension). From experience though, 18” with bigger tyres will definitely be more comfortable - they just don’t look as good, unless you’re going for the “swamper” look with all terrain tyres - the Cells suit them very well!

·
Registered
37 Posts
A work friend has 20” Cells, he’s very pleased with them. No huge difference in fuel consumption or comfort (although he’s got coilovers too, not standard suspension). From experience though, 18” with bigger tyres will definitely be more comfortable - they just don’t look as good, unless you’re going for the “swamper” look with all terrain tyres - the Cells suit them very well!

·
Registered
37 Posts
The above photo are 18” Supermetal Cells with BFG 255/55/18 and the van is on standard (-30mm) Vw suspension. Not my van!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The above photo are 18” Supermetal Cells with BFG 255/55/18 and the van is on standard (-30mm) Vw suspension. Not my van!
Wow, that van looks sweet above. LIKE! Im not going the swamper look, I will probably get coilovers eventually. 20 or 18, arghhh I cant decide!! hahha.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone know where any stock of these wheels are with a tyre package? I cant find any. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
None in stock at the moment, thats the first website I found them on, hesitated for a day or so and then non showing :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts