VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a dash cam next to my mirror but don't want to have the 12volt lead trailing down the screen, before I remove the interior light assembly near the mirror I assume there is a 12volt supply in there switched by the ignition I can use ?
If not any ideas the best way to get the 12v supply to the camera ?

·
Special Rapporteur
9,979 Posts
All of the lights there are active when the key is out of the ignition, so I don't think the supplies there will help. I'm planning to run a supply from Fuse19 up the A pillar to the centre of the screen and down to the camera.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of the lights there are active when the key is out of the ignition, so I don't think the supplies there will help. I'm planning to run a supply from Fuse19 up the A pillar to the centre of the screen and down to the camera.
Just tried mine and the two side lights aren't on when the ignition is off but the middle light is, there's also the row of buttons for emergency calls that only comes on with ignition, guess I need to get in there with my multimeter :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
That is exactly what I did with my Dashcam T:

·
Registered
746 Posts
having switched to a T5 recently I hadn't had a chance to wire my dashcam up to a switched live so had left it running whilst parked up and filling full of fuel at the petrol station. It has caught a car on the video that is claiming an incident occurred earlier and then was seen to chase me down the street. this evidence is likely to assist in discounting their side of the story as the complete BS that it is.

Now this has occurred I have wired it to a permanent live and put a small rocker switch in one of the dash panels so that I can leave it on as required when I am not in the vehicle. Currently installing one in the rear badge to cover the rear as that would have 100% disproved the allegations which are with the Police against me!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts