VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Team Silver
134 Posts
Youre right Eddie as the season draws to an end :unsure:
Hello mate - Have you found one so Santa can bring it??

Managed to get a solid 10’6 for a song at the end of season - mrs went out today for a paddle down the canal - she managed a couple of hours off from the kids and had a lovely time.

(Admittedly she didn’t fall in...)

Still got the inflatable in the garage to fix for my use next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
No mate , still not got one .
I did very nearly buy an ex rental suit for a tenner a few weeks back but the missus talked me out of it cuz i haven't got a board yet :rolleyes:.
Had a look again last week but nothing grabbed me .

·
Registered
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Works been mental this year so i haven't really done anymore on this sup buying business but still very keen .
Winter is very much just around the corner so thought i may now be able to grab a bargain....reality is they dont seem to have budged because of how popular this is .🙃

·
Team Silver
134 Posts
Works been mental this year so i haven't really done anymore on this sup buying business but still very keen .
Winter is very much just around the corner so thought i may now be able to grab a bargain....reality is they dont seem to have budged because of how popular this is .
Obviously the whole supply chain thing has been a nightmare this year - impact is prices are up almost 30% on new - if they have stock…. people are also holding on as there is the threat of the 2nd winter of discontent in a row… bargains are still about just more scarce..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
5,570 Posts
We bought one last year and only been out the once. I spent more time in the water then on the board and I could only seem to balance when one of my daughters was sat on the front.
my middle daughter wants to get into it so I have booked some lessons for the two of us.
We bought ours from this company Welcome to Nootica.com

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
We have two SUPs, an inflatable tandem SUP by Loco - their motion air model which is 17' long! We use this for longer coastal trips to the next village, launching lobster pots and being an inflatable is handy for trips away (if we don't have the dog as he's not too keen):

Cloud Sky Water Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Paddle
Water Sky Cloud Leg Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

We also have one hard board that the wife uses mainly and surfs on as well, again a Loco board, bought second hand:

Water Boat Water resources Watercraft Vehicle
Water Sky Surfboard People in nature Beach

Water Sky Fluid Surfing Cloud

Both good boards, but for completely different uses. I'd definitely recommend the Loco brand, well made boards. Second hand over the upcoming winter of discontent may mean that you can grab a bargain!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
B&T - I've seen there's a few sites now with end of season sales on - iRocker have a 40% off sale on some of their ranges and the SUP co. have some end of line / ex-display boards on sale.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
One that floats? 😁
To be honest a couple of friends bought a pair of cheap 'Wave' SUP's in the summer - couple of hundred £ each.
I had a go on theirs after paddling on mine and couldn't tell much difference and was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. I don't think you need to spend a fortune unless you're wanting to go pro!

21 - 40 of 124 Posts