VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you are all coming to CamperJam at the weekend. If so, then this offer is for you!

Surf keys for T4 and T5 only £5 each at CamperJam this weekend.
Please print this message to claim your offer!

Look forward to seeing you at Weston Hall.

Campertronic

·
Registered
43 Posts
As I understand it, a surf key is just the metal key bit, no fob or electronics. You leave the proper fob key hidden in the van and just take the surf key into the water. You can open a door when you get back, retrieve the fob and activate the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
As I understand it, a surf key is just the metal key bit, no fob or electronics. You leave the proper fob key hidden in the van and just take the surf key into the water. You can open a door when you get back, retrieve the fob and activate the vehicle.
You used to get a handy plastic version with Audi vehicles, a bit like this. Audi refer to them as valet keys as they include a transponder chip, I only ever used it for white-water kayaking. :)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Yep, our surf keys are simply keys with no electronic or transponder components that can be damaged by water.

A vallet key is usually made with a different key blank that allows the doors and ignition to be operated but this key will not unlock the glove box!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Will look you up when Im there.........does a pic of this thread on my iphone get the discount?T:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Hi Ed, yes we can, although for the time being we can only do this when working from a key we can duplicate. This means we need one of your keys that we can copy and then post abck to you.

I'm working on being able to cut to code or photograph, but i'm a fair way off just yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts