VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I got this for xmas but only just got round to wanting to fit it.

I was gonna connect it straight to the leisure battery via a switch and an inline fuse, is this correct?
If so what size fuse should I use?

If this is the incorrect way, please can you tell me the correct!

many thanks!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds okay, depend on what you want to use in it. I would use a 10amp fuse as close to the battery as you can.T:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
would it not be better to get a flush mounted socket?... no harm but thats one ugly looking mother of a cig lighter... it would need to be well hidden ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Would it not be better to use either a USB socket, or a combined 12v socket/usb, because you will need to use a usb adaptor in the accesory socket to connect your phone etc?

·
Registered
104 Posts
That certainly is one fugly way to do it!! Sorry!!

Also I do think you be much better if with a USB socket. I custom make switch panels and am based in Coventry so sure I could sort you out something for a good price that is much more attractive.

Have a look on my website and see what you think. I can do anything you like but easy on a t4 is just drilling a hole in one of the blanking plates by the stereo and fitting a usb socket.

www.switchpanel.co.uk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it is a pretty ugly socket when u see what you can buy. I'll more than likely hold off and get something a bit nicer! :ILU:

·
Registered
173 Posts
That certainly is one fugly way to do it!! Sorry!!

Also I do think you be much better if with a USB socket. I custom make switch panels and am based in Coventry so sure I could sort you out something for a good price that is much more attractive.

Have a look on my website and see what you think. I can do anything you like but easy on a t4 is just drilling a hole in one of the blanking plates by the stereo and fitting a usb socket.

www.switchpanel.co.uk
Could not have said it better, that socket is all kinds of wrong!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts