VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local surf info needed please, surfs looking good towards the end of this week in Saunton / Croyde / Woolacombe

Anywhere else looking good for a surf thur onwards?

·
Registered
920 Posts
You have to love this weather, Highcliffe and Boscombe showing swells from 1.5 to 2.4 in the afternoon tomorrow just get the kids back to school and the tousists home it will be idyllic, still looks like rain so the may stay in!

Love working for myself, freedom!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Majority of SW coast working, specially tues-fri, spring high tides/lows SE winds, remnants of some hurricane, like a zoo out there though :ILU:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Never believe the Seaweed when it comes to Bournemouth ;)

You have to love this weather, Highcliffe and Boscombe showing swells from 1.5 to 2.4 in the afternoon tomorrow just get the kids back to school and the tousists home it will be idyllic, still looks like rain so the may stay in!

Love working for myself, freedom!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Can we come to you then Zone6 for southcoast reports?!;) I had a great day at Putts on Friday and some not so hot days Sat and Sun at Croyde and am gonna be checking out the North east next mon-wed if anyone has any advice. I've never surfed there.

Also any news on the boscombe reef?

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Can we come to you then Zone6 for southcoast reports?!;) I had a great day at Putts on Friday and some not so hot days Sat and Sun at Croyde and am gonna be checking out the North east next mon-wed if anyone has any advice. I've never surfed there.

Also any news on the boscombe reef?
Couldn't tell you what to look for weather wise for the North East - we got lucky last October. Check out Tynemouth / King Edwards Bay. Take a Winter Suit it's always cold I:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Never believe the Seaweed when it comes to Bournemouth ;)
I never believe the seaweed just surf-forecast, it's the beauty of not being answerable for my weekdays, just jump in the van 30 minutes to highcliffe, if it's rubbish back home no real loss.:ILU:

I can spare the afternoon tomorrow so will pop down and take a look.T:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Tiny wave this evening... will let you know if there's anything as i pass in the morning T:
Boscombe nearing completion, don't hold your breath though!

Heading back to lobbs for the weekend, (nb, do you know if its £10000 to stay at Putts this weekend? Lobb is now £25 a night!) hoping the storm swell will wait for us...
Maybe see some of you there....

·
Registered
920 Posts
Tiny wave this evening... will let you know if there's anything as i pass in the morning T:
Boscombe nearing completion, don't hold your breath though!

Heading back to lobbs for the weekend, (nb, do you know if its £10000 to stay at Putts this weekend? Lobb is now £25 a night!) hoping the storm swell will wait for us...
Maybe see some of you there....
Reports are saying afternoon will be better but would appreciate a heads up, i keep checking the sorted webcam but see no signs of completion, not even a ripple :confused: certainly not holding my breath :* like i said i'll head to Highcliffe.

Might pop down Croyde, was supposed to be there last weekend but had to cancel so well overdue a trip.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well there are some waves today.... no one out as its howling onshore (and likely to stay that way!) When the wind drops, there will be something to play on T:

PS. There is a sign of a wave at the reef... but early reports are that its too shallow and gets sucked dry... we'll wait and see, it's not finished. Never gonna create swell though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks for the info Stan, fingers tightly crossed that there will be some swell up there!

Will be more on the case for bournemouth early sept as regular Croyde hits are eating cash... worth it though if it's working! Also hoping to hit north cornwall (Sennen) at some point soon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts