VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Following on from another thread on this forum, we are trying to get the Surrey meet up and running again T:

The new venue is the Fairmile in Cobham address below. It's a cheap but large pub with a massive front area for car displays and shows, many clubs already use it, Land Rover, Corvettes etc etc. be ok for the winter and AWESOME come he summer.

No one is in charge of this, it's for us all to use and attend, it is what 'we' make it.

http://www.chefandbrewer.com/pub/fairmile-portsmouth-road-cobham/p1206/

http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/i...r6v&sigi=119o0se8p&.crumb=cfivaLiWaGP&fr=ipad

So the meeting will be 2nd MONDAY OF EACH MONTH from 8.00pm.

Be great to have as many vans on view as possible!

Neil

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: Surrey Meet: Fairmile, Cobham 11th November 2013

Shame it's been arranged for a week day evening, it makes it very difficult to attend when you have young kids !

Can't we all arrange one for a Sunday ? Epsom downs would be a good place to meet I would of thought !

I knew someone that worked in the Fairmile for a while & she left as she could not believe how bad the kitchen was run, she warned everyone not to eat in there, shame as its a nice venue !

·
Registered
235 Posts

A:I will be there.A:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Shame it's been arranged for a week day evening, it makes it very difficult to attend when you have young kids !

Can't we all arrange one for a Sunday ? Epsom downs would be a good place to meet I would of thought !

I knew someone that worked in the Fairmile for a while & she left as she could not believe how bad the kitchen was run, she warned everyone not to eat in there, shame as its a nice venue !
Same issue but reverse... Weekends busy... Week nights free! Kids in bed, wife with soaps.... Me in the pub!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

Good luck with the new meets, guys. T:A:T:
Unfortunately Mondays, well evenings, are out for me. :( Can only do weekend meets.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

Just a suggestion but maybe you have every third meet on a Sunday, or move the meets around to accommodate all of the area. Similar to what Hampshire do:DI:

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts

Hi Neil

Am trying to organise so I can get down to the first meet, but if I don't will make sure I am at the next one T:

Be good to see the Surrey Region back on the map T:

Jimbo

·
Registered
117 Posts

If I can get back from work in time will be along

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

Doh! Only just seen this and I'm just a few miles down the road sleeping in my van. Would have been cool to meet a few people and see some vans. Will try and remember next month. Used to go to another car meet at the fair mile. It's a good venue.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts