VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I smashed up my tailgate (with window) on the ice at Christmas. Managed to get replacement one on here for 130 quid (thanks Lumoxs!). Some small repairs, respray, fit the window (tailgate already built to receive it) and fit the door will bring the total cost of replacement to about £550 using a really good bodyshop. I was lucky to get the replacement off Lumoxs for such a reasonable price though, so you could be facing a higher bill - having said that, I did get much cheaper respray quotes but wasn't convinced that the quality would be as good as where I've taken it. Hope this is of some help. Simon

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I smashed up my tailgate (with window) on the ice at Christmas. Managed to get replacement one on here for 130 quid (thanks Lumoxs!). Some small repairs, respray, fit the window (tailgate already built to receive it) and fit the door will bring the total cost of replacement to about £550 using a really good bodyshop. I was lucky to get the replacement off Lumoxs for such a reasonable price though, so you could be facing a higher bill - having said that, I did get much cheaper respray quotes but wasn't convinced that the quality would be as good as where I've taken it. Hope this is of some help. Simon
The OP wants a T5 tailgate.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Theres a metallic blue T5 tailgate on ebay at the moment at £200 with one bid. Bearing mind if you change your tailagte for a wash wipe type and wiper you won't have the wiring in the back to make it all work. I've had to make up the harness for mine to work and adapt the wiper motor to work like an old school wiper as it won't work other wise. Unless you really need a wiper and heated rear screen i'd just get a new window cut into your old tailgate.

Ady

·
Registered
401 Posts
i was thinking of puttin one like yours in mine but dont no if im going to .. i will have to have a think and let you noT: ..i have a window one with heat and window wiper ..post some pics cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Bullet,

I'm in the same situation as you really, have you had a quote for a straight window being put in - I think that's what I'm going to do as not too fussed about heating and a wiper etc... I just about to start shopping around now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts