VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A spart of a long term upgrade I'm investigating an engine swap.

Currently I have 2 litre petrol. AAC engine.

What VAG group engines can I look at that could posibly fit? I'm think VR6 or should that be V6, or perhaps a nice 5 cylinder motor from the Audi range? (I think there was a 5 cylinder petrol T4 early on. Will Golf/passat/bora engines swap over rel;atively easily?

Does anyone know what can bolt up to the gear box and clutch with minimal mods. I would take clocks and ECU from whatever I choose to fit.

Ideas and advice please!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Vr6 engines use a beefier gearbox, and most uk ones seem to be automatics.Theres a few 2.5 petrol T4's out there, good torque figures help them scoot along just fine. An early audi 5 cylinder 'KV' engine could be a good bet, with about 135bhp on tap. Or you could get a back issue of 'practical performance car' magazine which had an article on building a turbo-nutter engine using a 2.5 td crank and block (from a passat or volvo or audi), an audi 20v cylinder head etc to build a 500bhp monster. It was Feb 2006 issue.

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like the petol vibe, and with an LPG sysetm insatlled already and a quote to upgrade the existing LPG for a number of different engines I feel the winter projct will be to source 5 cylinder Audi engine, which I believe although its longatudinal it has the holes either drilled or marked for mounting transverse.

My father used to have a lovely Audi Avant 100, and I always like that engine.... and Audi 100/200 donor vehicles seem plentiful.

PLEASE if anyone knows that this is a daft approach let me know!!!

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
This guy is worth alook for breaking Audis, Ive been dealing with him for the last 15 years and hes a top bloke:D

http://www.allaudi.co.uk/

I see hes got a Audi s2 which hes braking...hmmm 2.2 turbo:D

or a A8 4.2 quattro sport!!:eek:

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Have emailed them.

I do feel sourcing an MOT failure myself might be the best route.

It could be fun....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts