VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an urge to trade my SWB for a LWB...
Are they much different to live with? I'm currently in a super nice 888 X Pack 2003 2.5TDi but keep finding myself lusting after the long ones!
Anyone fancy going the other way....

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
HI mate you will be surprised at the extra space it gives would not swap mine l w b all the way for me good luck

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
When we got ours I test drove a couple of swb, but after borrowing a mates Lwb to check it would go down the side of the house and into the garage (just! But after doing it a couple of times it was dead easy) we was set on a LWB, so glad we did! It can be a little more of a pain to park - find a space where the rear end can overhang a grass bank or something and they fit in a normal space ok, when camping the extra room is brill, no idea how we would cope is a swb!

The turning cirle is pretty good so you can normally get in and out of most places ok,

·
HORACE
1,589 Posts
Ive had both and didn't find the driving much different, the space inside though, if you plan your layout properly then the extra 40cm makes a massive difference, I don't think they look ugly mr scotish bloke LOL:
Green one is Horace the LWB and the white is Wilf the SWB (sold him a while back)

kev

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
LWB all the way , for me ..!! They are designed to carry extra weight , and offer so much more for conversion . I have never found the little extra length a disadvantage , you soon get used to it .

·
Registered
606 Posts
We are lucky enough to have both a SWB and a LWB T4 in the family.;)

Prefer the LWB Caravelle personally, mainly for the extra room and the versatility of having nine seats which are easily removable.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys... it was the pale yellow one Russ I saw and loved! I feel a for sale/swap ad coming up next.... :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hey Russ, what's your bonnet done with/how? The black stone protector strip that is. I like it and fancy it rather than a mini bra. Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
depends what you use the van for. i can't have a lwb as it wouldn't fit on my driveway, into the car park at work or into the spaces at tesco, etc.

if it was a weekend vehicle instead of a daily then i'd have a lwb no question, just for the extra space.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,237 Posts
Well Ugly was a bit harsh Rasp: they are nearly are gorgeous as the SWB (and Horace is one of of my favourite vans on this site in fact ;) ).
I do still think the proportions of the SWB suit the general appearance more, but if I could convert my SWB into a LWB, I would do so in a heartbeat :ILU:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts