VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my single captain seat earlier to fit a double I have and the bolts are too short and there ain't enough holes, I have read its fine on 4 bolts but also read people have used the same bolts but mine are no way near long enough and the fronts are Allen key bolts thait the single seat just slid onto.

Am I doing something wrong or can I just get longer bolts from vw?

Thanks

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sounds like your original bolts have been removed the proper vw ones are double ended if that makes sense, they bolt through the floor then leave a threaded portion standing up so you just drop the seat on and put the nuts on. They make removing and refitting a doddle once you have them back in !!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got both bases it's just the new double seat base bolt holes seem to be higher so the single seat base bolts don't fit, I have the Allen bolts from the front of the single base that they slide onto but the double doesn't use those.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’m looking at swapping my single passenger captains seat for a double in the cab. Is it as easy as just swapping one for the other on the same bolt positions as long as the original long bolts are still in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts