VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I ask for everyone's advice regarding buying a SWB or LWB T4.

Which to go for & why.

Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
The SWB does look better than the LWB in my opinion, but the extra space is better (if you need it obviously), mines a LWB but they both have their advantages, which ever you get you wont be dissapointed :ILU:

·
Registered
649 Posts
I agree. SWB always looks much better than LWB. More room in the latter though. But they are a tw*t to park and i cant get one on my drive.

Horses for courses but i think a pop top and swivel seats adds a fair bit of space to a SWB.

Just my opinion.....

Smokey.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Went out shopping for a SWB...came back with a LWB. Both were parked side by side and yes the swb did look 'right' but the lwb won the day:).I can get a row of 3 seats in the back for the kidders and pack of bricks behind that.I also think a hatch looks better that 2 doors but Mr forklift driver cant get the bricks in:D

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
im ex-aa, and agree in terms of style the swb has it (unless you really drop an LWB in the weeds that is when it wins).. as for camping use i would love a LWB for that extra, but would want a high top aswell. Only problem being thats a bit of a beasty and would prob be a pig as a daily driver.. not that i would ever call the SWB nippy/sprightly...LOL:

cant see theirs really much to gain in the LWB if its not coupled with a high top / pop top..

rat look lwb in the weeds would be cool though... bare primer, real shed exterior but smart custom camper interior would be awsome...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
what is the van going to be used for? most important!

do you have kids (or maybe in the near future, you will needs seats and belts), interests (surfing), converting, big bed for good times:ILU: etc, all these are cruicialH:

ponder your needs, tips for members are useful, whatever you buy, it will be a good investmentT:

good hunting:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts