VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, 2009 t32 lwb tailgate.
I'm wanting to have a small roof rack on rear end to support a water tank just for shower
To max space wondering if a sub pop top would fit on a lwb ok?
I know I would love a tunnel pop top but don't suppose that's possible.
Else anyone else have a suggestion please.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks but was wondering if the smaller sub roof rack would fit on a lwb safely.

Hope that clarifies my question.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been done, these show it on their advert, last picture. I know absolutely nothing about this company or their roofs, saw it on Pinterest.

POP TOP ROOF FOR VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTER T5 & T6 SWB & LWB | eBay
Hi sorry I will try ti explain better.

I have a t5(t32) lwb

To give me headroom inside BUT also max length space on top of roof I wondered if it is contractual sound to put a swb pop top on roof instead of a lwb designed.

Others have replied saying is safe.

Hope this explains better

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it can be done. I've seen genuine Cali roofs put on lwb vans.
Many thanks, how does it look? Positioned to the front the same

Cheers
It's been done, these show it on their advert, last picture. I know absolutely nothing about this company or their roofs, saw it on Pinterest.

POP TOP ROOF FOR VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTER T5 & T6 SWB & LWB | eBay
Hi

I spoke to this business Friday already as the picture 12 of 12 is what I'm trying to achive as the van is simular to mine.
I told them that but did not offer option

Cheers

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,516 Posts
It's been done as I said, but no one in their right mind on here is going to say 'sure it's safe to do' and leave themselves open to litigation if the van folds in half, you'd have to get that assurance from your roof supplier / fitter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's been done as I said, but no one in their right mind on here is going to say 'sure it's safe to do' and leave themselves open to litigation if the van folds in half, you'd have to get that assurance from your roof supplier / fitter.
Hi, I'm old and wise enough not to take advice that far but if someone has the experience of implementing the scenario then that gives me the foundation to build on.

Many thanks though for your replies and thoughts.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Many thanks, how does it look? Positioned to the front the same

Cheers
A bit kooky. I'd rather just get a LWB pop top for a LWB van and have an underslung tank with a pump for a shower if thats what youre after.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A bit kooky. I'd rather just get a LWB pop top for a LWB van and have an underslung tank with a pump for a shower if thats what youre after.

This is the look I am after, the van is near identical to mine.
Re underslung tank. I have a LPG tank underslung that stops it going near the spare wheel, plus a LPG heater that stops it going underslung under driver's seat floor. I wish to put a CAK (if they answer my emails) step tank underslung opposite sliding door on drivers side for fresh water so there is nowhere else I believe available.

Great suggestion though but have considered it. Even thought of one of though tanks that look similar to an awning along side of roof.

Cheers

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,516 Posts
You can get a tank that goes down the middle underneath on the left of the exhaust, I've got one for waste and a w108 round the spare wheel for fresh, but they're listed as fresh or waste water. Search for w107 t5 tank, not a Merc w107 petrol tank!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can get a tank that goes down the middle underneath on the left of the exhaust, I've got one for waste and a w108 round the spare wheel for fresh, but they're listed as fresh or waste water. Search for w107 t5 tank, not a Merc w107 petrol tank!
Hi
Thanks and was looking at the next to exhaust pipe one before.

The cak step tank is for fresh with a simple solution for waste.

As I mentioned the propex lpg tank means I can put a tank behind spare wheel.
I'm looking at various options but with other things installed its interesting hence tank on roof and sub roof top.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi
Thanks and was looking at the next to exhaust pipe one before.

The cak step tank is for fresh with a simple solution for waste.

As I mentioned the propex lpg tank means I can put a tank behind spare wheel.
I'm looking at various options but with other things installed its interesting hence tank on roof and sub roof top.

Thanks
Sorry I meant I cannot put a tank behind spare wheel not can

Sorry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts