VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Swb t4 day van awesome!!!!! *****SOLD*******

Well my in laws have decided to sell all their vehicles and buy a static caravan and a merc convertible so the t4 is up for grabs.

its a p reg 2.4 swb diesel, painted metallic blue with colour coded bumpers lowered 50mm over 18" tt limited edition alloys, tinted windows. window in the rear barn door.

fully insulated with rockwool and carpeted ply in the back. solid wood floor that has carpet (?!) over it at the minute. 12 volt light in the back, 230 volt led light in the back. mains hook up fitted.

rock and roll bed trimmed in grey vinyl with white piping and units along offside with white doors.

bi-xenon headlamp conversion which is absolutely fantastic.

drives brilliantly loads better than mine to be honest.

has a few marks on it but nothing major, stickers on the side were on when they bought it unfortunately after purchase we discovered they were covering some lacquer that was peeling the stickers dont look too bad at all.

red and smoke rear lights led number plate lights and clear front indicators.

kenwood ipod head unit and 6x9 speakers in tailgate.

comes complete with brand new drive away awning. never used just out of bag to check contents etc...

cab interior nice and clean and in good nick.

will check on mot tax runs out in november

done 192k engine sounds great and drives really well

new price is £3300 ono as they have now got a new car and need this sold.

VAN NOW SOLD THANKS

photos will be on shortly.

many thanks jared

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will hopefully get some photographs of the awning this weekend.

Offer away.....T:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gaz1973 but they dont want another van as buying a static van and are after a merc convertible...Good luck with the sale tho bud looks sweet. T:

·
Registered
307 Posts
That seems a bit on the dear side for a diy conversion and age of van, i would be looking for an 02 or 03 plate at that price with a diy conversion.

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
That seems a bit on the dear side for a diy conversion and age of van, i would be looking for an 02 or 03 plate at that price with a diy conversion.
Don't think you're supposed to comment on the pricing of other people's classifieds bud, even if you're right...I:

Also there's no mention of mileage or service history on this - what is it please? Low and full, I presume, for this kind of money?! Cheers.

·
Registered
378 Posts
02-03 for £6250:eek: you`l be lucky mate you certainly wouldn`t get mine for that:D:confused:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
\Thanks for the comments guys. the mileage is not low and the history is not full, if you think i have overvalued the van please tell me what your idea of a price would be as i do not want to take the pi55. i have purely gone in the middle ground of what a lot of others seem to be up for. also has been mentioned to make offer. this is for the reason of getting an idea of how much people would want to pay. tis is the first t4 i am involved in selling so new to it still. sometimes they are up for cheap money sometimes up for hideous money you only need to peruse ebay to see that. any assistance is greatly received

cheers jaz

·
Registered
307 Posts
02-03 for £6250:eek: you`l be lucky mate you certainly wouldn`t get mine for that:D:confused:

Round my way (Glasgow) i have seen basic vans 51 plate etc for around £3000, my 02 plate with factory rear seats and windows only cost me £4500 and that was 3 years ago. although i think i got in before the silly prices started.

I have also seen 03 plate vans for around the 4 grand mark with no mods so with so diy kit in the back and a half decent job takes this up a bit.:ILU:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i appreciate what people are saying but as i said if you look on ebay or in the magazines they are anything up to 12000 grand although admittedly these are very nice vans i thought it was somewhere in the middle but obviously not. please advise me as if it was your van as this is the best way i beleive.

cheers jaz

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
well you asked how someone would value this .

base van been genrous £1500
respray job aint that good so £800
alloys £400
bed £100
units 250
carpet 100quid

== £3150 it would cost to build

do the sums and gives you some sort of idea of the value of the van i was told you lose money modifying lol

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hiya Im the other half of Jaz and can I just say Im amazed at the amount of ppl on here that just want to slate the van ......I thought this was supposed to be where you try sell ya vans??? and a pm would have prob been better to give advise on price dont ya think? although I personally think your price is a bit low.

Sorry Im not sure on the miles will get jaz to let you know when hes home.

Thanks
Tan xx

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Hiya Im the other half of Jaz and can I just say Im amazed at the amount of ppl on here that just want to slate the van ......I thought this was supposed to be where you try sell ya vans??? and a pm would have prob been better to give advise on price dont ya think? although I personally think your price is a bit low.

Sorry Im not sure on the miles will get jaz to let you know when hes home.

Thanks
Tan xx
tan,dont take it to heart,people are not allowed to comment on for sale items as someone stated earlier in the post-so there comments are wrong,paulss has answered jaz's question where he asked what do you think it is worth with a rough breakdown of costs to build etc
its a hard market at the moment with current economic climate,some vans make it look like people are trying to get top money due to the fact the vans are so popular,a lot of people prefer to buy and fit a van to there own specs/ideas

best bet would be check the classifieds on here and look on ebay,pistonheads etc and gauge price from there,even put an add on ebay and if it sells fine if not then you wont have any fees to pay,i personally feel after reading the add and looking at the pics that the value would be around £4k,cheers paul

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Paul.

Spoke to my Mum n Dad and they have said feel free to offer if your interested in the van ...I will pass on any offers and will get back to you asap.

Tan x

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
i got to much **** as it is and more bits than enough to make a spare van as it is LOL:

i was just answering what i thought it would cost to build having built a few

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Where are the moderators on this? :*

A van is worth what someone is willing to pay, if you think its too much don't look or pm with an offer but leave peoples threads out of it!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Where are the moderators on this? :*

A van is worth what someone is willing to pay, if you think its too much don't look or pm with an offer but leave peoples threads out of it!
brummy get of your high horse

the op posting the thread asked pepoles opinions of its value which was given so before you start giving the abuse read the thread please

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
brummy get of your high horse

the op posting the thread asked pepoles opinions of its value which was given so before you start giving the abuse read the thread please
I wasn't particularly talking about your comments so relax. :) I have read the thread and the comments earlier certainly wern't asked for. I get fed up with people spoiling other members for sale threads by commenting when it is not supposed to be allowed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts