VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, Any help for an ambitious T4 bodywork newby?

Anyone help either identify which official VW panel I need (see photo) or know where I could get hold of a pattern part or (last resort) a scrap panel? Ive been to the VW van centre and they couldnt work out which one it was and dont return panels. Ive got the outer wing repair panel and the inner wing panel 'll get from VWHeritage.

Ive 'nibbled', chisled and angle ground away all the rot and prepped with weld-though paint. The panel I'm short of is the one that the "point" of the rear bumper attaches to on the side which also boxes in the square section in front of the bumper rail.

Any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am guess that you have the rear quarter as shown in Plastic joes post and you are after the bit that sits lower than the quarter panel
I havent seen that panel for sale anywhere but it is not too hard to make one, if the other side is still intact you could take a template from that as it is just a mirror image then a bit of 1mm steel and away you go

it doesnt need to be perfect as it is covered by the bumper corner

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the post but unfortunately not. The full outer panel does have part of the piece needed but not the boxing in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am guess that you have the rear quarter as shown in Plastic joes post and you are after the bit that sits lower than the quarter panel
I havent seen that panel for sale anywhere but it is not too hard to make one, if the other side is still intact you could take a template from that as it is just a mirror image then a bit of 1mm steel and away you go

it doesnt need to be perfect as it is covered by the bumper corner
That's right - I think I'm going to have to do a copy/paste for the other side, as you suggest. I was just hoping for a quick-fix as the forming isn't my strength! Thanks all for the replys. I'll
Let you know how I get on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts