VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here goes,

yes it is possible to navigate around the swear filter and to camoflage swearwords with cleverley placed asterisks etc, but as the rules of the forum state you must not swear within the public areas of the forum IN ANY FORM.

The wfc (waterfront club) was set up as an over 18's area to allow swearing and adult posting for those of you that feel the need, so please use it, it seems that half of my (and I'm sure other mods too) time is taken up editing out swearing from peoples posts, surely it isn't that hard to keep the swearing to where it is supposed to be.

Please refrain from swearing and/or posting adult material in the public areas of the forum

Rant over

Cheers

Dave:ILU:

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right

Evening everyone, I thought I'd resurrect this thread and edit it a little as there has been a steady up turn in the amount of swearing seen within the public forum

It shouldn't be down to the moderators to police your language, surely you are all able to express yourselves without swearing

Please try and keep it to the wfc only

To be Frank it's getting on my wick, so please do me a favourT:

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Have notice an upward trend in swearing again peeps, if you can't spell a word without the swear filter deleting it then it shouldn't be posted on the main forum. So working around it by changing the font style or inserting *#%@ instead ain't really needed either. The main forum should be able to be viewed by your children and nan so please bear this in mind.

As said by Dave above please keep the swearing to the "waterfront Club" part of the forum T: if you don't know what that is, it's a seperarete part of the forum that is only moderated in extreme cases so is a lot more chilled out. You can sign up here

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53824

Me and the rest of the mods would love to be able to enjoy the forum aswell but isn't made any easier with having to edit things that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Thanks in advance peeps

Keith :ILU:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
There are lots of other forums out there if people wish to use that kind of language.
I for one enjoy the fact this forum has always steered away from gutter talk etc.

You Moderators do a fab job, and are worth your weight in gold, keep up the good work guys n gals.
And keep the forum free from all that kind of thing.

Steve W....

·
This isn't Facebook you know
7,009 Posts
There are lots of other forums out there if people wish to use that kind of language.
I for one enjoy the fact this forum has always steered away from gutter talk etc.

You Moderators do a fab job, and are worth your weight in gold, keep up the good work guys n gals.
And keep the forum free from all that kind of thing.

Steve W....
That's done it they will all be sat there with puffed out chests and big glowing faces with a feeling of being loved and that can only mean one thing :eek:

There heads will be massive and they will feel the need to edit things :D

Please don't encourage the Mods by being nice to them its not helpful LOL:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts