VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anybody got a swivel on there T5 drivers seat, in conjunction with units down the offside of the van ?. I'm just wondering how much space you need to leave behind the point were the floor changes height for the cab & the units start ?. I have seen a few pictures of conversions with swivels on the drivers seat but they look like the seat wont swivel to 180 deg. due to the units behind.

If you have any pictures of your seat facing rearwards that would really help.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
109 Posts
both my front seats swivel but neither of them go 360....passenger side swivels 180 so you can face rear but drivers side only goes 90....think you'd be struggling for leg room on the drivers side on a SWB with a regular conversion... the 90 swivel works fine though....

·
Registered
456 Posts
My drivers chair has enough room to swivel.

I still have to mess with the back to get the thing round the steering wheel though!

Check out my pictures in the SWB gallery.

·
Registered
109 Posts
looks pretty similiar to my set up Fillmore.... I guess with a bit of dicking about i could get it further round but .....
I tend to just leave as in foto.....

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
If you want it to swivel 180 and have space to sit, then you will need to leave a massive gap between to seat and the start of the units. We went for the angled unit so that most of the available space was used whilst still allowing the seat to be push back and reclined a bit for taller drivers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you want it to swivel 180 and have space to sit, then you will need to leave a massive gap between to seat and the start of the units. We went for the angled unit so that most of the available space was used whilst still allowing the seat to be push back and reclined a bit for taller drivers.
I like what you have done here T:

·
Registered
776 Posts
just about to say that T:

really really clean conversion, looks like a great place to spend some time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts