VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a clear out and found these in the garage!
Matching pair of swivel seat bases, they came out of a Toyota camper?
They lock forwards or rear facing, they have adjustable rails on the base, both in excellent working condition
£75 the pair
I am just off junction 7 of the M62

·
Registered
674 Posts
Also when you say they have adjustment do you mean like runners forward and back, if so these will be exactly what I'm looking for

Alan

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Alan
They have runners front to back to allow them to adjust.
They have a little catch on the front press this and it unlocks the seat and allows it to swivel 180 degrees and then automatically locks in reverse.
The best thing about them is you can just unbolt everything so if you want different mounting brackets or rails just unbolt them
The turntables are well made and only 14" in diameter
Holes in the base runners are approx. 16" x8"
Total length of the whole thing is 20" x 14" wide
Heres the bottom view

Top view

The brackets on the top can be cut down or easily removed, they are a matched pair just the passenger one has a bigger mount as the van they came from had a twin passenger seat
Let me know ASAP please

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sorry when I saw bases I thought they were higher, I am in need of bases not necessary with swivels but with front to rear adjustment with the same height as T4 bases, as I have some rear seats out of a sharan, that need bases with runners.

Thanks
Anyway

Al
SB:db

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem thanks for letting me know
The normal issue people have is the bases being too tall, these are only 7" or less if you take the existing brackets off

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Well if the postage does not give me a heart attack I'd like em
Shame the Shorpe steel transports all change I'm sure one of the drivers would have brought them up for me

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I know my spellings bad and I really should preview but honest spell checker did that to me, that should be
ofs! still?
S c u n t h o r p e!

Ha!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have weighed them and as the come to over 30Kg I am struggling to fine a courier, who will take them at a reasonable price is no one passing me who is going north?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Would a run to Warrington be pushing my luck? M&H Logistics have a hub there, and do a lot for my work

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Well that's disappointing no one-off deliveries!?!, not be rushing to unload them the next time I:
Tried another and they were wanting a arm the leg and anything else they could think of
On hearing the spluttering :eek: they "got out the calculator" and Halved! the quote
But it's still nearly the cost of the bases

I'm sorry I'd rather say I can't take them, than muck you about any longer
they could have been sold and gone by now.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still got them, they are a bit of an odd thing to sell as who every buys them will no doubt have to be handy to make them fit so it limits the market a bit
I have had this problem in the past, it they were a bit lighter it would be easy, My Hermes don't quote for your area when I use Parcel to go as they are usually cheap.
I have had exactly the same issue with my fridges

1 - 18 of 18 Posts