VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will have to be careful here but I have definitely noticed the better looking women are driving vw transporters especially in the Wirral area any one else with any views on the subject? Mike

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I've seen loads of ladies driving t5's and bigger, I actually envy any guy who's Mrs is a good driver and can trust them to drive their van, my Mrs is awful and I can't bear to be in any vehicle she drives, she's so aggressive and not aware of her roadspace it's scary.... I try to drive everywhere.... She is not on my insurance

·
Registered
182 Posts
My husband was perfectly happy to let me drive our van back home when we picked it up from the converters! Mind you I am an Advanced driver!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks to me like the big 4X4 and MPV types have had their day! I see lots of Lady's driving T5/T6 vehicles on the school run and around town. We have 2 T4s and the wife drives them no problem.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
It was hard to get my mrs to drive my t4 888 .So easy steps, went to france and let her drive on motorway for 100 miles (no traffic) after that everything fine.Now will drive anything including rs4, carrera c4s, t5 180 and likes the vroom as she calls it . Did ask her if she waves to other vans t4 t5, she didn't know she could? but will from now on .T:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Wont let the mrs anywhere near my van, would have to kill me first.

Two days after getting it she managed to drive her own car into it while it was parked up the corner on our 5 car drive :* :*

Spatial awareness, errrr not.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Wont let the mrs anywhere near my van, would have to kill me first.

Two days after getting it she managed to drive her own car into it while it was parked up the corner on our 5 car drive :* :*

Spatial awareness, errrr not.
Mine drove t4 with steels on perfect , put rs6 audi wheels on 3 days hit the curb ,drivers front alloy???
rs4 every wheel at leased twice??
T5 20"alloys NSF mullered went to park by driving into space +curb was 8" high then run along it, great??? Never tells me.Oh was that me:*

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
"Wont let the mrs anywhere near my van"

Terrible attitude, often let mine use the cooker, & she's ok with a bucket & sponge - under close supervision I:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

Terrible attitude, often let mine use the cooker, & she's ok with a bucket & sponge - under close supervision I:
Bucket and sponge! I hope that was just a figure of speech? I would not use a sponge on my van and certainly would not let the
missus near the van.
sorry what was the thread? O yes wife driving van.no wife currently medically unfit.hopeing to get her licence back she has never enjoyed
driving.handy for driving home from pub, after a few beers .
most of the lady drivers in t4s 5s are on the school run, a few wave, so I give them a big smile and wave back.
I came from the aircooled beatles, so still wave at anything vw.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I was wary of the missus driving ours for the first time... until she text me one day when I was in work telling she'd taken it out for a drive. She always wants to drive it now. I'd have to concur with others tho, of the non-commercial T4s and T5s, more do seem to be driven by women than men. Just an observation though :)

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Missus quite often drives the T4, no worries at all giving her the keys, especially as she used to daily a RS6. She doesn't like the gear shift because it sometimes wont go into second (she has a point), but otherwise has no complaints.

What was funny was the reactions from other drivers when she was driving the van wearing a bikini top on holiday a couple of years back, never seen so many double takes LOL:

·
Registered
639 Posts

Came home from work one day, having spent the whole previous weekend waxing the van. Mrs met me on the drive and said " say thanks i've just washed your van" :confused:

I asked her what with, she promptly produced the washing up liquid bottle and said "with some of this". :eek: :eek:

Guess what i had to re-do the following weekend.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My wife was the first to drive the van when we picked ours up. She drives it as often as possible cause she was nervous about driving a van (as was I) since we'd never driven one. Now it's like we've never driven anything else. We plan some long trips and there's no way I'm doing all the driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm female, I drive MY OWN T5 - as in, I do not have some man condescending to 'allow me' to drive it - and I do wave!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
My wife drives my T4 okay, not as smooth with the clutch and gears as me thoughI:
We share the driving on our regular (5 times a year) 700 mile non stop trips to south of France. Oh and she has her own T5 panel van and a late model R32!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts