VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
New T5 .... one month.... Lady driver ... Slide around town all day with my 20 inch rims , white and back... Still gleaming! Husband in caddy all week ... He's allowed a play at the weekendJ: with guidence I:LOL:

·
Registered
46 Posts
My wife has no trouble driving our T4 but then she does drive a double decker bus for a living so its like a Mini to her :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
come on now, who in their right mind would let a woman out in their Transporter? :jd :dunno:LOL:
Seems to me like the majority are in favour of us ladies driving. I still think you only let me drive in rush hour traffic around the outskirts of Paris just so you could find fault! Ahh well, this year I won't be offering my services and I'll just kick back with a beer while you do all the work :*A:I:

·
Registered
136 Posts
In our household we have the T4 camper and our daily is a T5 shuttle, so if I don't drive them I have to walk! So yeah I am a female driver of both.:)
Mrs briand1970

·
Registered
968 Posts
Seems very odd that people "let" their other halves drive their vans.

I've got no problem with my Mrs driving mine but she's not a very confident driver so she doesn't want to drive it.

She drove my 72 beetle once to the shops and back when her car was being fixed but said she was so scared of damaging it she just couldn't relax!

It's a pain really because I have to do all the driving when we go away.

There is some lovely ladies driving T5's and T4's around north Leicestershire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fortunately my missus can't drive at the minute, but she still insits sitting behind the wheel at any chance she's gets with a big grin on her face,
This of course is met with 'not a cat in hell's chance your driving my van'
Luckily I love drivig and Ill happily sacrifice the beer so I know she (the van) will get home safely :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love driving our T4 and im female. i think its a much more comfortable drive than a car. i feel safer in it than i ever did in my omega or golf. And its yellow....whats not to love?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well 'ours' is in my better halfs name, after all she sold her car so we could get it. Albeit I drive it mostly, think that will change when it's fully converted! She's far more qualified than me driving wise anyway, ex police pursuit driver. Scares the [email protected] out of me when she guns it in the Golf!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My missus is always driving mine, apart from a minor incident with a post and a bit of kerbing on the wheels it's all good, she prefers it more than her own car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Finding the thread making my teeth grind somewhat!

I mainly drive OUR T4 as hubby drives Fire Appliances and hasn't got into driving with passengers, kids tend to vomit when he's at the wheel. I'm the one that drives to Lake Garda and back (3 times now) and am also the one that had to reverse the 8m trailer down the slip when putting the boat in the water every year. Not a problem until some (male) told me I wouldn't get it round that corner, which obviously I did. He did mention at the end it was the some of the better reversing he's seen, better than some men :*. My son was with me and I loved it when he said "that was a bit sexist!".

He's obviously been brought up correctly!

·
Registered
44 Posts
What's this about letting women drive your van. I let my husband drive mine at weekends, but 5 days a week it is my every day 888 special with full conversion for school runs & work. It's my 3rd child. I:I:

·
Registered
20 Posts
A:A:A:A: hello im a lady driver - brought my first t4 last year and have her ready and waiting to go in spring for overnight trips. I love her, there will be me and a little yorkie so look out for us lol..........I drove a 4x4 before this and towed and reversed a caravan.......watch out fellas woman are taking over:* lol............:eek::eek::eek:

Hopefully see you on the road

·
Registered
20 Posts
You go for it Mary-Ann. seems to be a lot more women driving vans now....not far from you myself and DUBS IN THE VALLEY a great Black Country show for Camper fans !T:

Im hoping to go to Dubs in the Valley this year - was working last year and could not get time off - I am looking forward to going to a few of the shows/festivals...........T:

·
Registered
310 Posts
My Mrs drives my van almost every day, and I get stuck with her car! I only get to play in my van a couple of times a month!!!

She's good at driving and parking it, but not quite as good at washing and hoovering. It was only last year I found out that she'd never washed the roof cause she cant reach!!! :eek: LOL:

And she's made-up if someone waves at her :ILU:

21 - 40 of 52 Posts