VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, wonder if anyone can help...my 1.9TD (ABL) engine blew up with 'Turbo run'(?) last week. The engine is wrecked, so I am after some help with either engine replacement or engine conversion. I am able to do the replacement but would need to pay someone to do the conversion I think. I am in Cardiff area in South Wales. ANY help would be massively appreciated!!!!! Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Hi. I. Would go for a 1.9 tdi. From . A mk3 golf. You should look for a complete car you will need other parts from it
You could contact colse on here. He is in bristol
Good suck

·
Registered
rusty heap ('95 t4)
2,751 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
What's actually gone wrong - can you not just fit a replacement turbo?
+1A:

Watching T:

Rich.
If I am not mistaken (reading his post) because he means this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=atW1XLAsOBs

and if he does mean that he had turbo runaway, I doubt there is much of an engine left to bolt a turbo to.

To the OP - sorry to hear of your troubles. As Huskyman says, quite a few have fitted the mk3 golf tdi engine, so a site search should turn up some info T:

·
Registered
rusty heap ('95 t4)
2,751 Posts
If I am not mistaken (reading his post) because he means this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=atW1XLAsOBs

and if he does mean that he had turbo runaway, I doubt there is much of an engine left to bolt a turbo to.

To the OP - sorry to hear of your troubles. As Huskyman says, quite a few have fitted the mk3 golf tdi engine, so a site search should turn up some info T:
Agreed that a runaway can kill an engine BUT sometimes a replacement turbo (or even blanking the turbo's oil-feed to isolate wastage) & trying cheap oil in the motor is worth trying :*

What's a ball-bearing ( to seal turbo's feed pipe - nipple) & a £10 can of oil against the cost of instant replacement I:

Rich.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts