VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all this is my first post, and may be my last if I have to scrap my T4. I have had massive turbo failure earlier in the week causing irreparable damage to the engine. I'm after a replacement ABL engine. I'm unsure whether to go for a reconditioned engine or a complete donor out of a scraped vehicle, If I can find one.

I have sourced a reconditioned engine for £900. I'm not sure whether this is a good price but it comes with 6 months guarantee. Is from The engine Company in Buxton. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Secondly, does anybody know of any reputable salvage yard or T4 dismantles out there, who may have an engine? I'm aware I can not guarantee the condition of a donor engine and it may have not been looked after. I don't want to put a donor in and find its rubbish or breaks on me 3 months down the line.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Kev

·
Registered
842 Posts
Sorry I some how have placed this in the T5 forum by mistake.
No problem! Have you considered upgrading to the 1.9tdi? There's lots of threads about this conversion and there are several VW models with suitable engines you can use. Good luck and welcome to the forumT:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts