VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now Breaking

1996 T4 1896cc TD 800 Special

Bought it in Sep 2009 ak 196k with no history but a brand new starter motor ad timing belt. Dick head who sold it to me had removed the crank shaft pulley to change the belt (unneccesary) and then didn't replace the single use stretch bolt. Engine lasted 9 days before the pulley sheared it's keyway. I put in a replacement engine with circa 100k from a T reg (Immobiliser was removed from fuel pump to achieve this). This had the cam belt & tensioner (genuine VAG) & waterpump replaced in summer 2010 when I was sure it was running well - I also replaced the crank shaft pulley bolt, which is now sealed with Loctite for piece of mind. Obviously, it had a full fluids and filters service upon installation including a K&N panel for the air.

I have since fitted two velle captains chairs (blue stripe) to the rear and installed side windows in the slide door and opposite panel. Both seats have VAG belts fitted to the C pillars and areon quick release mushroom bolts. I have plylined all but the slider and headlining so far and it is fully insulated with rockwool sandwiched between 2 aerofoil layers.

Behind the ply the I have run the cabling for the switch & lighting set up I had planned- all lights (excl. bulbs) and switches are included.

There is a Sony X-Plod head unit (usb etc...) and I replaced the dash speakers with Sony 4" cones as well.
I have two unused Sony X-Plod 6"x9"s for the tailgate which has custom built mounts and wiring in place.
Also have an X-plod amp to power these.

The van is sat on 16" Audi A4 5 spokes, powder coated in arctic white with black and white sprayed VW centre caps

A suspected HGF meant I had the Head skimmed and new gasket & head set last May, as well as all new glow plugs.

List of stuff I've also done off the top of my head- dates might be a little out:
New Inner CV joints & Bolts last June
New NSF Tyre in July
New NSR spring april ‘11 & VGC OSR Spring
New exhaust centre section may 2011
New back box april ‘10
New discs and pads all round may 2010
New break hoses and lines at the same time
New nsr calliper carrier also
New wishbone bush 2011 (NSF lower)
New power steering belt aug 2011
New slide door bottom roller summer 2011
Clear indicators fitted
New wiper blades all round June 2011
Lower ball joints june 2010

Just had a Brand new Bosch starter battery with 3 year guarantee before christmas!
And a brand new water-pump/alternator belt today!

Wiring for lighting, speakers and switches is included. As is a good condition front exhaust (decat) which will need fitting in the next year or so.
Also, there is a Tow ball and a box of stuff including dual Battery tray, multi battery connector & 2 x 300w inverters. and some more ply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts