VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have this fault on my T4 ACV 102 manuel gear. 1997

When i start it cold In the morning, start right away no smoke an runs perfekt from first stroke. It dont use Any oil or water

When i start to drive , i drive 25 meters an i am in second gear i go down a hill an i let the car slow down i second gear off the trottel, when i do that Big clouds of grey diesel smelling smok come out of the tailpipe.

If i giv it gas it stops , if let i idle it stops. When i have driv 500 meters an let off the trottel In gear again no smok, but it judders

An i feel the judder every time i let off the trottel an In gear i feel the judder.

I have just put a new dmf In it , pretty sure the judder killed the old one.

Timing is adjustet With Vcds but jumps a bit

The pump have been rebuild , som spring have broken In it , it was a Bosch workshop that did the work.

The airflow sensor brand new OE

Thermostat new

Temp sensor with/for 4 wires new

The Car had the judder when i Got it
So dont know how long or what did it

There is no fault in the ecu

What can i be ?
Needel lift sensor
Worn injectors , i have a set of axg injectors that works perfekt that i am going to fit for more power

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just cleaned out my EGR valve, under the intercooler. Full of black tar. Built into the same valve is the anti shudder. Works on a butterfly valve. Not sure if a 1997 will have the same, mine is 2003. Worth a look, can blank the EGR at the same time if that interests you. Search on the forum for a how to. Made mine run better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I have all ready put a plate in the egr pipe . It runs better but i
Does not stop den judder an Grey smoke when off the trottel

·
Registered
865 Posts
Probably a damaged injector if you Said that injector pump broke springs, maybe metal pieces found their way into the injectors...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts